API and command line program to save Google documents, presentations, and worksheets in a local Google Drive / Backup & Sync directory to to local files.
gdoc-down supports several formats:
- CSV (.csv)
- EPUB (.epub)
- Excel workbook (.xlsx)
- HTML (.html)
- Image (.png, .jpg, .svg)
- LaTeX (.tex)
- Open Office document (.odt)
- Open Office presentation (.odp)
- Open Office workbook (.ods)
- Plain text file (.txt)
- Portable document format (.pdf)
- Powerpoint presentation (.pptx)
- Rich text document (.rtf)
- TSV (.tsv)
- Word document (.docx)
gdoc-down also has special features for handling .gdoc files that contain LaTeX:
- gdoc-down ignores all images. This allows the user to place images inside the Google document for convenience and to use includegraphics to embed images in compile PDF files.
- gdoc-down will convert all Google document comments to PDF comments.
- gdoc-down ignores all page breaks.
The first time gdoc-down is called, gdoc-down will request access to the user’s Google account. This will create a client.json file in the users home directory (~/.gdoc_down/client.json).